4.1.10

a rather lovely rolling pin


Was making home made pasta tonight at my mothers house and asked her if she had a rolling pin. "yes," she said, "the one you made me".
I opened up the bottom draw and my year 7 wood class came flooding back. I remember it being one of my favourite classes (besides textiles, of course) and I also recall making a spice rack, a little wooden stool and a wind mobile.
I felt rather proud of myself, rolling my homemade dough with my hand made rolling pin. Very DIY housewife!

2 comments:

  1. ah so lovely. my mum still has some of my brothers and my stuff around like this too. its really nice to be reminded of it from time to time, we forget a lot of what we create once its gone from view especially things from so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's awesome! so cute :)

    ReplyDelete