2.1.10

pocket arrangement | week 1




On long walks with my dog, I am constantly filling my pockets with all kinds of little things that grab my attention along the way. I find the interesting shapes and textures of random bits and pieces, both natural and man made, to be inspiring and often sparking a creative idea.

Inspired by the flickr group 'organized collection', and as a loose continuation of ideas from my last years research project, I have decided to record these little trinkets as a weekly project to inform new pattern inspiration.

Each week, from now to the end of the year, I will organise and group these finds and photograph the arrangement. Throughout the week, I will draw from this arrangement, working with mixed media; including collage, drawing, digital manipulation etc, to develop pattern suitable for printed fabric.

I am hoping this challenge will keep me inspired throughout the year and it will be interesting to see how the arrangements vary along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is lovely. Who would have known those things would look so good together (you I guess). I am looking forward to the creativity they inspire.

    ReplyDelete